Meco Inc. of Augusta-Greeville
MECO Inc. was established in 1959; today, it is a thriving third generation family owned business. MECO is a full service sales, installation, and service company for petroleum dispensing equipment, compressed air, and fluid handling equipment.
Job Title: Parts Counter Associate
Department: Sales & Warehouse
Assist with pulling, staging, packaging and shipping of parts to customers and transfer to company field technicians. Assist with Receiving functions of inspecting, processing, and storing parts and equipment for future distribution. Supports, promotes, and conducts sales by operating the Parts Counter, and through phone, social media, and by personal contact with customers and potential customers.
- Associate Degree/Diploma in logistics field preferred; High School diploma or GED required
- 5 years of experience in parts, warehousing, mechanical equipment preferred; 3 years required
- Ability and interest to interact directly with customers by phone and in person in order to provide service and or conduct sales presentations is necessary
- Must have valid state driver’s license and good driving record
- Must be certified to operate forklift or be trainable for such OSHA certification
- Must be computer savvy and able to learn new programs and systems quickly
- Must have outstanding mathematical skills, superb communication skills, be good at multi-tasking
- Must have expert reasoning ability; and excellent problem solving skills
- Must present a neat professional appearance and handle pressure well
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (other duties may be assigned).
- Assists with pulling, staging, packaging and shipping of parts and equipment to customers
- Tracks & records inventory levels for parts and equipment, including cycle counts and stock levels.
- Assists with all shipping and receiving tasks, including stocking shelves, record management, and project staging.
- Assists sales calls and walk-in customers with purchasing parts and equipment.
- Makes sales presentations for existing and potential customers.
- Runs and analyzes necessary reports related to sales goals and marketing.
- Assists service technicians with parts, service and problem-solving tasks.
- Coordinates the schedules between service technicians and vendors.
- Updates and maintains warehouse and service paperwork to include sales and service orders, parts returns, vendor credits, and other various job-related reports.
This position has no Supervisory Responsibilities.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job and the essential functions of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change; for example emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, jobs, or technological developments.
Starting pay will be based on experience, knowledge, and qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit mecoaugusta.com.