Meco Inc. of Augusta-Greeville
MECO Inc. was established in 1959; today, it is a thriving third generation family owned business. MECO is a full service sales, installation, and service company for petroleum dispensing equipment, compressed air, and fluid handling equipment.
Job Title: Air Compressor & Lubrication Service Technician
Conducts troubleshooting of mechanical problems, installations of equipment and performance of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on air & lubrication equipment based on customer service agreement and need. Expertly analyzes problem situations pertaining to breakdowns of customer equipment and determines the best course of action for the situation; performs factory authorized modifications per exact specifications. Ensures maximum readiness by maintain company van in good working order, maintaining required parts and supplies in van inventory, and by continuously improving knowledge and education regarding equipment, service requirements, and safety rules.
- Associate Degree/Diploma in logistics field preferred; High School diploma or GED required
- 5 years of experience in technical service of mechanical equipment preferred; 3 years required
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical and maintain a clean driving record
- Ability and interest to interact directly with customers by phone and in person to understand the situation and determine the best course of action is necessary
- Hands on experience with mechanical tasks of installing valves, fittings, repair of pumps, small engines electrical controls and computer tasks of software, hardware and component installation is required
- Must have outstanding mathematical skills, superb communication skills, be good at multi-tasking
- Must have expert reasoning ability; and excellent problem solving skills
- Must present a neat professional appearance and handle pressure well
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (other duties may be assigned).
- Effectively analyzes problem situations pertaining to breakdowns of customer equipment and recommends to customer actions necessary to correct situation.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor and promotes goodwill between the company and customers by providing a superior level of customer service.
- Observes, analyzes, and determines corrective course of action for service and repair of customer equipment.
- Performs necessary repairs to correct analyzed situations in a professional and productive manner.
- Troubleshoot and repair air and lubrication equipment.
- Opens and closes work orders with Dispatch, provides service repair narratives (written and verbal) for customer, and submits paperwork for time worked and repairs completed in a neat, accurate and timely manner.
- Follows safety rules and ensures that hazardous waste is disposed of properly.
- Maintains part inventory and supplies in van.
- Performs factory authorized modifications per specifications.
- Ensures that regular maintenance is performed on service van (i.e. oil changes, tire rotations, etc.) and that required repairs are performed.
- Install, maintain and repair air and lubrication equipment based on customer service agreement and need.
This position has no Supervisory Responsibilities.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job and the essential functions of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change; for example emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, jobs, or technological developments.
Starting pay will be based on experience, knowledge, and qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit mecoaugusta.com.