Meco Inc. of Augusta-Greeville
MECO Inc. was established in 1959; today, it is a thriving third generation family owned business. MECO is a full service sales, installation, and service company for petroleum dispensing equipment, compressed air, and fluid handling equipment.
Job Title: Petroleum Equipment Service Technician
Must be tech savvy, experienced, quick thinking, mechanically inclined, highly reliable, detailed oriented, and fully qualified to troubleshoot electro-mechanical problems, complete installations, and perform unscheduled and scheduled maintenance on petroleum equipment, point of sale terminals and fuel management systems based upon customer demand and need. Represent the company in a professional manner and provide complete customer satisfaction to our customers.
- 5 or more years of experience in mechanical tasks such as installing valves, fittings, pump and small engine repairs, electrical controls and electronic wiring and software installation is preferred
- 3 years of experience in displaying the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Associate Degree/Diploma in applied science field preferred; High School diploma required
- Must have valid state driver’s license and clean 3-year driving record
- Must understand and display world class customer service at all times, regardless of circumstances
- Must be able to work safely and comply with OSHA rules without supervision
- Must be computer savvy and be able to trouble shoot applications and replace hard drives
- Must be mechanically inclined, have outstanding mathematical skills, and superb communication skills
- Must have expert reasoning ability; and excellent problem solving skills
- Must present a neat professional appearance and handle pressure well
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (other duties may be assigned).
- Effectively analyzes problem situations pertaining to breakdowns of customer equipment and recommends to customer actions necessary to correct situation.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor and promotes goodwill between the company and customers by providing a superior level of customer service.
- Observes, analyzes, and determines corrective course of action for service and repair of customer equipment.
- Performs necessary repairs to correct analyzed situations in a professional and productive manner.
- Troubleshoot and repair electronic fuel communication systems, Point of Sale (POS) and payment processing equipment.
- Opens and closes work orders with Dispatch, provides service repair narratives (written and verbal) for customer, and submits paperwork for time worked and repairs completed in a neat, accurate and timely manner.
- Follows safety rules and ensures that hazardous waste is disposed of properly.
- Maintains part inventory and supplies in van.
- Performs factory authorized modifications per specifications.
- Ensures that regular maintenance is performed on service van (i.e. oil changes, tire rotations, etc.) and that required repairs are performed.
- Install, maintain and repair petroleum equipment including fuel dispensers, fuel monitoring systems, submersible motors, and product piping.
- Conduct compliance inspections. Visually inspect entire fueling components and containments for liquid or potential problems.
This position has no Supervisory Responsibilities.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job and the essential functions of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change; for example emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, jobs, or technological developments.
Starting pay will be based on experience, knowledge, and qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit mecoaugusta.com.